Justin T. Newman, M.D.
Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialist
As an orthopedic surgeon native to Colorado, Dr. Justin Newman understands the importance of an active lifestyle. Using the most innovative techniques supported by the best research, his practice focuses on returning his patients to sports, work and activity as quickly as possible. This includes helping his patients to resolve sports injuries, and to heal and preserve their hips, knees and shoulders. His dedication to you as a patient begins with your very first visit, and continues throughout the recovery process.
Originally from Holyoke, Colorado, Dr. Newman grew up farming and ranching in a small community. He attended the University of Denver on a Boettcher Foundation Scholarship. While at the University of Denver, he dedicated a year to gaining international exposure, which included performing research on the Galapagos Islands and studying at The University of London and at La Universidad Católica de Valparaíso in Chile. After graduating with Honors, he pursued his medical degree at The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. During his time as a medical student, he traveled to Peru to further his research on the importance of the doctor-patient relationship. Dr. Newman also devoted a year to researching orthopedic trauma at Denver Health Medical Center.
Dr. Newman completed his internship and orthopedic surgery residency at The University of Colorado and was then accepted as an orthopedic fellow at the prestigious Steadman Clinic and Steadman Philippon Research Institute in Vail, Colorado. During this time, he mentored with some of the world’s top orthopedic surgeons while treating professional athtletes from all over the world, including athletes who participate in the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, English Premier League and Ironman competitions. While working at this United States Olympic Comittee National Medical Center, he also gained unique experience in the treatment of United States Olympians and Paralympians. He is also a United States Ski and Snowboard Association consultant team physician for both international and national events.
- Care for elite and recreational athletes
- Sports medicine
- Hip arthroscopy
- Knee reconstruction and arthroscopy
- Shoulder repair, reconstruction and arthroscopy
Treatment of Common Problems With
- Hip labral tears
- Hip impingement and FAI (Femororacetabular impingement)
- Shoulder instability, labral tears, rotator cuff tears
- Knee ACL, complex ligamament, cartilage and meniscal injuries
Interests Outside of Orthopedics
- Mountain biking
- Running and trail running
- Alpine skiing
- Spending time with his family
- International travel and medical volunteering
- Fellowship in Orthopedic Sports Medicine – The Steadman Clinic and Steadman Philippon Research Institute (Vail, Colorado)
- Internship and Orthopedic Surgery Residency – The University of Colorado (University of Colorado Hospitals, Children’s Hospital Colorado, Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Hospital, Denver Health (Denver, Colorado)
- Research Fellowship in Orthopedic Trauma – Denver Health Department of Orthopedic Surgery (Denver, Colorado)
- Medical Degree – The University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine (Chicago, Illinois)
- Bachelor’s of Science – The University of Denver (Denver, Colorado)
Click the link for more information Advanced Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists